Pearson EdExcel GCSE 1CP2 Paper 2 exam revision unit
We all know this is an area many students tend to struggle with. As such all the dedicated programming lessons in year 11 are marked as “Paper 2 exam revision unit” lessons.
Our philosophy behind this is that students overall have learnt how to program independently using our resources and activities in year 10. In year 11 we change the focus to honing these computational thinking and programming skills by preparing them for the exam paper.
We provided a variety of resources in this folder for you to use as you see fit. Every student and class will be different, so we haven’t outlined any suggested way you should work through these, simply dip in as you see fit and mix and match what we have provided to suit.
All our activities are designed to tackle one of the four “question focus” areas from the specification for Paper 2, Design, Evaluate, Program and Refine.
Examples of activities included are:
- Identifying appropriate data types.
- Designing solutions to problems.
- Refining algorithms written in Python, flowcharts and natural English.
- Using trace tables.
- Identifying appropriate test data.
This topic covers:
- The programming elements from both the paper-based exam and the on-screen exam in Python.
Only registered users can download this resource.