Student Learning Record Workbook (for use by students)
- Student Learning Record Answers (for use by teachers)
- End of Topic test and answers
- Lesson PowerPoint’s for every lesson
- Any associated answers or references sheets for class activities
This topic covers:
3.4.4 Classification of programming languages and translators
- Know that there are different levels of programming language:
- Explain the main differences between low-level and high-level languages.
- Know that machine code and assembly language are considered to be low-level languages and explain the differences between them.
- Understand that all programming code written in high-level or assembly languages must be translated.
- Understand that machine code is expressed in binary and is specific to a processor or family of processors.
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of low-level language programming compared with high-level language programming.
- Understand that there are three common types of program translator:
- Explain the main differences between these three types of translator.
- Understand when it would be appropriate to use each type of translator.